Whether you have a few users to add or a long list of them to edit, Vable allows you to take control of your users in three different ways:
1. Manual Creation and Updates
You can find the full list of users added to your platform on the Users tab. This view allows you to add, manage or delete users on an individual basis. This option is ideal for when you need to add or update a small number of users.
You can find more details about the Users tab in this article Managing Individual Users in Vable.
If you need to add or edit users in bulk, we recommend making the changes via one of the options below.
2. Ad Hoc File Uploads
This option allows you to add, delete and also amend existing users at the same time.
You will need to provide your account manager with a CSV file that includes the following details in separate columns:
- First name
- Email address
Additional optional fields include:
- Custom User ID (helpful for updating users when there is a change to the email address)
- Job Title
- Practice Area
Upon initial file upload, Vable will create a new account for users not previously added to the system based on unique email addresses in the file.
For subsequent uploads, the platform will perform the following actions:
- Add new users who have never been uploaded to the platform;
- Delete users who previously were included on a file import which are not included in the CSV file;
- Update users who have a user profile but who have a change to the first or last name (note: the email address must be the same);
- If a custom user ID has been provided, update users who have a change to the email address;
- Reactivate previously deleted users who are included in the CSV file.
If your file import does not include a custom user ID and you need to update the email address of a particular user, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note that users created via file imports are centrally managed and not editable directly from the Users tab. Please contact support to request assistance or changes.
3. Active Directory Integration
Recommended for accounts with a large number of users, Vable offers integration options for accounts to sync active directory lists to the platform via Microsoft Azure and Okta. For more information, please contact your account manager.